I’ve been on Twitter for nearly three years now. I guess that sort of makes me an “old timer” on it. I have had a lot of interesting discussions and have seen many interesting things on Twitter.
Lately it seems like half the people who follow me are the “get rich quick” types and I know they won’t be around for long. I don’t bother banning them, but I certainly don’t follow them back.
Once you’ve been Twitter spammed for a while, you begin to see the same, curious signs. Here are some I’ve noticed:
- Their twitter name is X and four digits. ex. @michelle3845
- Their profile picture is the default egg.
- They’re tweeting the same link, over, and over, and over again.
- They’re following 2,000 people, have a few followers and no tweets.
- It’s obvious they’ve just joined Twitter yet profess themselves to be “Internet marketing experts.”
- They are just on Twitter to help YOU get rich (probably via MLM).
- Profile picture is of a semi-nude woman.
- Their profile information is not completed.
- The link in their profile is to a sales letter webpage.
- Their tweets consist of trending topics and a link.
Any signs you’ve seen that you might find curious? I would love to know about them!
Oh, and if you’re new to Twitter, you can interpret the signs I’ve indicated as a list of things not to do on Twitter.
Follow my personal Twitter account: @alainsaffel
Follow my business Twitter account: @pageoneseo